Jerry is a graduate of the University of the South Dakota in Vermillion, South Dakota, where he earned his B.S. in Criminal Justice in 1997, and a graduate of the University of Nebraska in Omaha, where he earned his M.A. in Criminal Justice Research in 2000. He graduated from Thomas M. Cooley Law School in Lansing, Michigan in 2003. Prior to law school, Jerry spent most of his life in Akron, Iowa, working in the farming and agriculture industry.
In addition to being active in his church community, Jerry is an avid Huskers and Green Bay sports fan. He remains involved in farming and other agricultural endeavors, enjoys gardening, and spending time his family – his wife, Helen, his children and stepchildren, 8 grandchildren, and 3 great-grandchildren, who all keep him on the go.
- Nebraska, 2004
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 2004
- Thomas M. Cooley Law School, J.D. – 2003
- University of Nebraska, M.A. – Criminal Justice Research – 2000
- University of South Dakota, Vermillion, B.S. Criminal Justice – 1997
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Governor’s Volunteer Award – by Governor Terry Branstad of Iowa, 1994
- Faculty Award – University of South Dakota Criminal Justice Faculty, 1997
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- NE State Bar – Family Law Section
- Omaha Bar Association